Privacy and Data Security

I was in petsmart, where I go at least every 2 weeks and spend 100-150 dollars. I had forgotten my card and wrote a check.

I have used checks here before. After the cashier had tried 3 times, I left my purchase and went to the car. I checked my account and the bank advised that they had nothing to do with it. I contacted cartegy and spoke to someone who couldn't understand clear English and then appeared to be dumb as a rock.

She simply read from the paper in front of her and couldn't give an explanation as to what it meant. After putting me on hold multiple times to "find" her supervisor, which ended up being @ 15 minutes, I asked for her name and she would only give me her first name. I asked for the name of her supervisor and she advised that she wasn't there. When I asked "then who had she been trying to get?" she advised that she was trying to call someone.

I asked "so when you call, who were you going to talk to?" and she couldn't/wouldn't tell me. This is typical call center crap. I didn't appreciate having to give them my banking information.

I got my card and made my transaction without any problems. I told the store that after 5 years, I could find another place to get my pet products.

Product or Service Mentioned: Certegy Check Services Cashing.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 05.

Comments