I am so unhappy with the way Macy's department has hired your company as a third party verification department of checks. Twice in a row I went to the Macy's in Newport News, VA and Warldorf, Md and experienced the embarrassment of my checks being declined. I called customer service for certegy and they said there was no history of bad check writing and at random they can decline a consumers check. I had the money and because of the wait and the back and forth I paid cash. Macy's won't see me nomore.

Telecheck at least has some decor this was the X-mas holidays and I had to use my cash for the purchases I had. So thanks Certegy with your realistic mordern system of selecting consumer's at random to decline checks. What's so funny the representative said, I have written checks with AJ Wright totaling over $350, and 7-11 and the checks cleared. Also what's most hiliarious I came to the same mall in November to Macy's in Warldorf and wrote a check for cosmetics totaling over $180 and it was cleared. So why did you decline my check this time and your incompetant cs said nothing indicates a negative history with your company!!!!!

Sincerly JWalker,

Virginia

Had an Experience with Certegy Check Services?

Comments

Get a debit card lmao

U GUYS are right, i hate certigy with a passion, been goin to jewel fir years then all of a sudden they change to certigy and it denies it, i have certigy, they need to just burn the building down

I am so angry!I have been writing checks for years.

This past weekend my local Vons store would not accept my personal check for groceries. They gave me a number to call. After three additional phone calls to various numbers I find out that I "supposedly" wrote a check in 2008 that didn't clear, then did but the fee didn't? What the ***!

And I'm finding out about it 4 years later. And Certegy is a joke. Totally computer driven and their website is even more ***. I am told there is a hold on my drivers license.

How am I supposed to get that released when you can't have a conversation with anyone, anywhere.I call bull ***.

sounds like this company had an axe to grind or something.they have some disgruntled reps who aren't getting paid.

at can't be the management at every department store.and it can't be the equipment.

drjbrady

certegy needs to get shut down i write payroll checks out all the time for my staff, one went to wal-mart in manchester nh they declined the check for a code 3 when i finally got to speak to a so called service rep i was told there was not enough history on the company keep in mind ive been in business for ten years never bounced a check yet these morons pick innocent people at random :(

sdhjsdhjs is no doubt some hagoff who works for Certegy and is paid to make trhe consumer appear at fault.The fact is Certegy ias under investigation by over 40 State Attorney Generals.Certegy has a procedure to deliberately deny checks from anyone who has not "signed up" for their Premier check cashing program.

When your checks gets denied and you call the number the store you are in will give you, the Premier Program will be presented to you. THIS IS A SCAM, IT ALLOWS CERTEGY TO TAKE FEES FROM YOU AND THE RETAILER KNOWS ALL ABOUT IT. IF YOU DO NOT MIND BEING *** THEN DO NOTHING. IF YOU WANT TO GET BACK THEN HAVE EVERYONE YOU KNOW CALL THE RETAILERS MAIN OFFICE.....ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BOTHER GETTING IN TOUCH WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENT.....THAT IS A WASTE OF TIME WITH ALMOST ANY COMPANY.

DO SOME DETECTIVE WORK... GET THE MARKETING DEPARTMENT VICE PRESIDENT, OR THE ADVERTISING DEPARTMENT VICE PRESIDENT AND INFORM THEM THAT NONE OF YOU WILL EVER SHOP THERE AGAIN AND THAT YOU WILL ALL MAKE IT YOUR LIFE LONG CRUSADE TO DISUADE OTHER PEOPLE FROM SHOPPING THERE. You will get nowhere with Certegy. Past employees have come forward and exposed the rigid policies of never granting any refunds for any of the mistakes they make, or any of the fees they debit from peoples' checking accounts.

They deny checks and then charge a fee several million times a year.THE COMPANY IS A SCAM...AND ONLY BY HITTING THE RETAILERS WILL CERTEGY BE...

TMOORE, and others,

have you ever considered getting a debit card/bank card?Costs less than those annoying checks.

Why would you sue a bank for your stupidity? USE THE BANK CARD ***!!!!

BELLA42, open a checking account t a bank.

A department store is a bank.So woman, get it together and stop *** about the retailer not cashing your checks.

to sdhjsdhjs Chicago, Illinois, United States #592550

Youre a ***.If you have no clue what you're talking about, don't make yourself look like an *** and an a$$hole.

"a department store is s bank"?!?! What?! It's idiots like you that are hilariously the most judgmental. You're clearly uneducated and can't have a job that pays enough to always cover your bills, so stop acting like you have a bank account chock full of money you can spend responsibly at your leisure.

Writing checks is a completely valid and often necessary practice. The only people on earth that don't know that are dumb a$$es like yourself or 11 year old children. Grow a brain.

You're probably blacklisted from all banks anyway.I can't imagine anyone so dumb could have a bank account.

:( I was in Jewel Osco tonite and my check was denied for no reason.I written checks in the past at Jewel with no problem.

I talked to the manager she said in the past they used a different company. When they switched to Certegy they have had many complaints.

I called this f**** company and they said they didnt know what the problem was.I hope Jewel Osco changes companies for now I will shop somewhere else.

I can't cash my social security check because this @#* company says my name and SS # don't match. Social Security says they do!!